Anti-inflammatory: Macadamia nut oil is anti-inflammatory. It is also rich in anti-oxidants. This makes it an excellent choice for soothing skin rashes and sun burns. It is also non-comedogenic, so you can go ahead and use it on acne-prone and sensitive skin too!
- Macadamia oil can strengthen hair. Macadamia oil penetrates hair more efficiently than some other oils, like mineral oil.
- Macadamia oil can smooth hair. The emollient qualities of macadamia oil can help smooth hair, giving it a shinier appearance.
- Macadamia oil can make curly hair more manageable.
- Oleic Acid – It is this fatty acid because of which macadamia nut oil gets its moisturizing and cell regenerating properties.
- Palmitoleic Acid – Macadamia nut oil is the richest source of Palmitoleic acid. It is important for delaying the aging of skin and body cells.
- Phytosterols – They are the building blocks of the cell membrane.
- They are a rich source of squalene, an antioxidant present in the skin which protects the skin from sun induced oxidation.